Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More on Duffy

Here's the dilly (this was a comment response, but it was long enough to warrant its own entry):

Todd is the manager. He lives with his girlfriend Debra.

Duffy is a supervisor. She and Todd began working at the Bean at the same general time years ago, and Todd brought her with him when he was given his own store to manage.

I suspect that she secretly loves him. Other people also suspect this, others say that they are just really good friends. Todd would never make a move, I don't think.

In the end, honestly, I could lose this job and not lose much. If it was THAT awkward, I could quit, and find another job that paid as well, or I could even transfer stores or something.

Now, I'm not saying that I'd be willing to risk my livelihood for the love of the Duffster or whatever, but should the POSSIBLE FUTURE awkwardness deter me from experiencing something in the PRESENT?

No comments: