Sunday, June 16, 2013

Learn me

Can I just say that it drives me a little crazy? 

Not that none of my friends understand me, but that they don't understand that they don't understand me.  They are ignorant of their ignorance. 
I really do feel always like I am some sort of other species and I am living in another world.  Like I am an outsider.  I have learned the patterns of behavior of the humans, and I use that knowledge to engage with them and build relationships.  It does not feel very natural to me, because it is not.

I do not do things out of spite.
I do not ever want to make anyone feel stupid.
I do not ask questions to which I already know the answer.
I treat you as an individual.
I do not forget who I am talking to.
I do not think that you are doing something just because someone I once knew did something.

Stop treating me like every other person you know.
I think that I may be not like any other person you know.
I think that you will admit that, if you are asked.

No comments: