Friday, November 30, 2007

Keepin' up with the Asheez

So, unbeknownst to Ashee, and in direct opposition to her eventual advice, I totally responded to Erica's Facebook message by asking her out. I admitted that I'd been "secretly admiring [her] for the entire duration of this semester," and I called her "irresistible and intriguing" and something else equally Clark Gable-like (fuck you, Clark Gable's the shit). In any case, she said no. She said that she hated me and that I ought to just shit on my own face:

"As for Saturday... We could hang out sometime for sure, but I'm in this complicated sort of relationship with boy mentioned above...But yeah, learning some new restaurants would be cool. I'm not really a coffee person unless I need to be up for a few days straight, but I know some pretty chill places too. My friends are baristas around town and also attend some national coffee/latte art conventions each year. It's pretty cool.
Anyway, perhaps I will see you in class (assuming we both go... I might be hiking if the opportunity arises) on Monday. Who knows. Hit me up if you want to hang out :-)"

There were other things in there, too, but they were of no consequence to this entry.
Analyze as you see fit.

"It's New Year's Eve, I'm in Glendora
I'm the only living person in Glendora
Headin' east on the freeway
I left my prom dress on the busstop in Duarte
I switch the rules, you take advantage
You know I always like to play the victim
And would you fuck me? 'Cause I'd fuck me
Am I your wetnap?
Freestyle walkin'"

"Glendora" by Rilo Kiley

No comments: