Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Julee

I imagine that I will use this blog partially as a way of documenting and cataloguing all of the females that weave capriciously through my heart. The first in this series is Julee.

I met Julee in high school. She was a grade below me, but in my (advanced) math class, which means that she was super intelligent. I liked her immediately, even though my friends thought she was goofy looking/being. I spent about a year courting her, eventually winning her over with my ridiculous charm and persistence (and a videotaped birthday message from Atreyu, who used to be pretty cool). We dated for about 9 months, at which point I was a freshman in college, and not feeling the whole relationship vibe for her anymore. We broke up but remained friends and got back together at her senior prom (I actually went with another girl, Danette, who may get her own entry in the future). We stayed together then for three years, and broke up in April 2007, two weeks after my friend Paul died (this will definitely earn its own entry later).

We have retained our friendship, as we do get along very well, and it is very hard for me to find girls who understand my humor (only Julee and Ashlee really do).

I have realized that our relationship was not as emotionally mature as it should have been after being together for so long. We may someday get back together, but it would have to be after a lot of evolution on both of our parts (though maybe a little more on hers, lol). For now though, we are apart and searching separately for new love.

Oh, it is also probably noteworthy that I lost my virginity to her, although she was not my first sexual experience (that would be Michelle, who I will talk about later).

"Back to you
It always comes around
Back to you
I walk with your shadow
I'm sleeping in my bed
With your silhouette "
John Mayer - Back to You

No comments: