Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Michelle

Michelle was my first real relationship, I think. We dated during the Summer before my junior year of high school and during the first semester therein. She was cool. A skateboarder who went to the local all girls school. She had a sense of adventure, and a little bit of a slutty streak. Her parents were dead (either figuratively or literally), and her guardian (her uncle) wanted to fist fight me. In hindsight, she was looking for an escape through love but she was going about it all wrong. I wasn't ready for sex, but she couldn't wait. We did do some stuff (oral, etc), but I wasn't really that good, frankly.

I failed Michelle.

She tried to kill herself around Christmas (though it may actually have been a ploy for attention, as she was prone to do). Our relationship was already winding down, and I felt that I could not be there for her the way that she needed someone to be. So I ended it. I wish now that I were a better person then, and that I could have been there for her.

Later revelations include that she probably cheated on me. I'm okay with it now, but I refused to believe it at the time. It's okay, I hope that she found some comfort in it. I wonder now where she is.

"We're going through the changes
Hoping for a replacement
Untill we find a way out of this
A way out of this hole"
Josh Rouse - 1972

No comments: